26/12/2016 12:57 PM
Reports to: Finance Manager
Contract Type: Full time
The United Iraqi Medical Society for Relief and Development (UIMS) is one of active civil organizations in Iraq, a non-governmental organization dealing with humanitarian, health, relief, development and charitable affairs, regardless of race, color, religion and cultural background. Officially registered with the Non-Governmental Organizations Directorate, General Secretariat for the Council of Ministers under the number (IZ1615).
Since the establishment of our organization on 21/05/2003 and as a result of conditions experienced by Iraq, UIMS introduced a lot of humanitarian aids and contributed in support of health institutions with basic needs, medical supplies and medicines; supported families afflicted and affected from war and disasters.
Shared in the process of rehabilitation of governmental hospitals and health centers, and the establishment of new health centers through their branches and offices in Iraq. UIMS was able to provide medical and relief assistance to refugees and IDPs all over Iraq. In addition to its outstanding work all over the last period, UIMS keen to expand its activities and efforts inside and outside Iraq.
In addition, UIMS is an a implementer partner with UNHCR, WHO, UNICEF, UNFPA, OCHA, RI.
UIMS is looking for a qualified accountant to handle prepare, compute, manage, research and analyze all accounting data, in order to provide quantitative information on performance, financial position, solvency, liquidity and cash flows of our business.
- Manage all accounting operations based on accounting principles
- Prepare budget and financial forecasts based on the donors budgets.
- Publish financial statements in time.
- Conduct month-end and year-end close process.
- Collect, analyze and summarize account information.
- Good ability in preparing financial reports such as balance sheet, P&L statement , Trial Balance, budget vs Expenses statements… etc
- Develop periodic reports for management.
- Audit financial transactions and document accounting to the control procedures.
- Keep information confidential and secure them with random database backups.
- Keep up with financial policies, regulation and legislation and in accordance with the donors guidelines.
- Reconciles financial discrepancies by collecting and analyzing account information.
- Prepares payments by verifying documentation, and requesting disbursements.
- Substantiates financial transactions by auditing documents.
- Documents financial transactions by entering account information.
- Prepares special financial reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing account information and trends.
- Answers accounting procedure questions by researching and interpreting accounting policy and regulations.
Accountant General Skills and Qualifications:
Accounting, Corporate Finance, Reporting Skills, Attention to Detail, Deadline-Oriented, Reporting Research Results, Confidentiality, Time Management, Data Entry Management, General Math Skills.
- Language Skills: Fluent in English (Listnening/Speaking /Reading /Writing).
- Education Degree: University Degree.
- Work Experiences: at least two years experience.
- Computer Skills: Good skills in networking and internet, Good knowledge in Microsoft office (word, Excel, & Outlook ).
- Proven working experience in accounting or relevant field.
- Thorough knowledge of accounting and corporate finance principles and procedures.
- Excellent accounting software user.
- Strong attention to detail and confidentiality.
- Honest and trustworthy.
- Reliable, rigorous and well organized.
- Motivated and dedicated to his/her job.
- Able and willing to learn to extend his/her scope of work.
All applicants must submit their resumes to the Email email@example.com, please mention (Accountant) in the subject of your email and you can include your CV with a cover letter. Closing date will be Jan 5th 2017