06/04/2017 3:49 PM
1. Organizational Location
Under guidance of UNFPA Representative and direct supervision of the Chief of Operations (CoO), the Programme Analyst is responsible for management of UNFPA’s Reproductive Health programme. He/she analyzes political, social and economic trends, leads formulation, management and evaluation of programme activities within his/her portfolio, and provides policy advice services.
The Programme Analyst works in close collaboration with the other Programme Analysts working in the same area, the operations team, programme staff in other UN Agencies, UNFPA Headquarters staff and Government officials, technical advisors and experts, multi-lateral and bi-lateral donors and civil society ensuring successful UNFPA programme development and implementation.
2. Functions / Key Results Expected
Summary of Key Functions:
- Formulation and implementation of programme strategies.
- Management of the Country Office programme.
- Creation of strategic partnerships and resource mobilization.
- Provision of top quality policy advice services to the Government and UNFPA Senior Management and facilitation of knowledge building and management.
Ensures formulation and implementation of programme strategies focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Thorough analysis and research of political, social and economic situation in Iraq and preparation of substantive inputs to programming documents (Common Country Assessment, UN Development Assistance Framework, Country Programme Document, Country Programme Action Plan).
- Identification of areas for support and interventions within UNFPA Thematic areas assigned.
- Country Office business processes mapping and preparation of the content of internal Standard Operating Procedures in Results Management.
Ensures effective management of Country Office programme in UNFPA RH thematic areas, focusing on quality control from formulation to implementation of country programme achieving the following results:
- Effective application of Results-Based Management tools, establishment of management targets and monitoring of results.
- Design and formulation of RH programme, translating UNFPA’s priorities into local interventions.
- Coordination of programme implementation with implementing partners.
- Introduction of performance indicators/success criteria, cost recovery, targets, milestones.
- Initiation of projects, presentation of projects to Programme National Technical Team, finalization of contribution agreements; determination of required revisions; coordination of mandatory budget revision, closure of projects through proper review exercises.
- Perform functions of Manager Level 1 in Atlas for Purchase Orders and vouchers approval, and participates in recruitment processes for projects.
- Financial and substantive monitoring and evaluation of projects, identification of operational and financial problems, development of solutions. Participation in audit of NEX projects.
- Evaluation of programme impact. Monitoring and analysis of programme environment, timely readjustments in portfolio.
- Follow up on audit recommendations. All exceptions are timely reported.
- Regular preparation of aggregate reports on activities, outputs and outcomes and preparation of donor reports.
Ensures creation of strategic partnerships and implementation of resource mobilization strategy focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Development of partnerships with UN Agencies, International Financial Institutions, government institutions, bi-lateral and multi-lateral donors, private sector, civil society in specific thematic areas based on Medium Term Strategic Goals of UNFPA, country needs and donors’ priorities.
- Analysis and research of information on donors, preparation of substantive briefs on possible areas of cooperation, identification of opportunities for initiation of new projects, active contribution to the overall office effort in resource
United Nations Population Fund UN compound, Erbil, Iraq Tel: +96466-2250963
IZ, UNAMI Compound, Baghdad, Iraq Tel: +9647904235367 firstname.lastname@example.org
Ensures provision of top quality policy advice services to the Government and UNFPA Senior Management and facilitation of knowledge building and management focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Identification of sources of information related to policy-driven issues. Identification and synthesis of best practices and lessons learnt directly linked to programme country policy goals.
- Development of policies and institutions that will address the country problems and needs in collaboration with the Government and other strategic partners.
- Sound contributions to knowledge networks and communities of practice.
- Organization of trainings for the operations/ projects staff on programme issues.
- Demonstrates integrity and commitment to the UN’s values and ethical standards.
- Promotes the vision, mission, and strategic goals of UNFPA.
- Displays cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability.
- Treats all people fairly without favoritism.
Knowledge Management and Learning
- Promotes a knowledge sharing and learning culture in the office.
- In-depth knowledge on development issues.
- Ability to advocate and provide policy advice.
- Actively works towards continuing personal learning and development in one or more Practice Areas, acts on learning plan and applies newly acquired skills.
Development and Operational Effectiveness
- Ability to lead strategic planning, results-based management and reporting.
- Ability to lead formulation, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of development programmes and projects, mobilize resources.
- Ability to lead implementation of new systems (business side), and affect staff behavioral/ attitudinal change.
Management and Leadership
- Focuses on impact and result for the client and responds positively to feedback.
- Leads teams effectively and shows conflict resolution skills.
- Consistently approaches work with energy and a positive, constructive attitude.
- Demonstrates strong oral and written communication skills.
- Builds strong relationships with clients and external actors.
- Remains calm, in control and good humored even under pressure.
- Demonstrates openness to change and ability to manage complexities.
4. Qualifications & Preferred Skills:
Bachelor Degree in Medicine (M.B.CH.B), Master degree in public health or related field will be an asset.
Knowledge and Experience:
- Bachelor Degree in Medicine plus 4 years OR Master Degree in Public Health plus two years of relevant experience at national or international level in management, design and monitoring of Primary Health Care programmes.
- Experience in usage of computers and office software packages.
- Fluency in Oral and Written English and Arabic.
5. How To Apply:
Interested Applicants of Iraqi nationality only should complete their Personal History (P.11) form, (only P11 Form will be considered) which can be downloaded from here.
Kindly forward your completed P11 to the email address email@example.com indicating the Vacancy Number and the Post Title in the e-mail's subject, before the deadline of 14 April 2017.